USGIF recently announced an upcoming inaugural event, dubbed trajectoryXyzt, which will be the first ever conference about the commercial applications of geospatial intelligence (GEOINT). The Foundation is creating trajectoryXyzt in response to the rapid emergence of multiple technologies enabling GEOINT in the commercial space. The event will be held at the Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, Calif., September 19 and 20.
“Regardless of your sector of the economy, if you’re not capitalizing on the power of applied geospatial intelligence, you’re missing out,” said USGIF CEO Keith Masback.
“Geospatial intelligence is at the intersection of four critical enabling technologies: remote sensing from phones to drones to space; geospatial and location information of all types and layers; data analytics; and data visualization,” Masback said. “Without applied geospatial intelligence, companies will miss out on the ability to be fully competitive in the future marketplace. trajectoryXyzt will bring together capabilities, applications, users, and consumers for two highly energetic days of business insight, information sharing, networking, and technological synergy.”
Autonomous vehicles, geo-targeted marketing, precision agriculture, transportation, logistics, insurance, natural resources, and myriad other commercial industries are starting to understand and reap the benefits of integrating geospatial intelligence. All will be represented on the stages and in the exhibits at trajectoryXyzt.
Thought leaders and executives representing both producers and consumers of GEOINT will offer keynote presentations and panels followed by rich, interactive discussions formatted to provide face-to-face engagement, allowing participants to pursue their specific topics of interest.
Confirmed trajectoryXyzt speakers to date include:
- Julie Baker, VP of operations and co-founder, Ursa
- Dr. Sarah Battersby, research manager with Tableau Software
- Chris DeMay, CTO and founder, HawkEye 360
- Bo Ewald, president of D-Wave International
- Shahin Farshchi, partner at Lux Capital
- Auren Hoffman, CEO of SafeGraph
- Dr. Martin Hofmann, CIO of Volkswagen (invited)
- Jeff Jonas, former IBM fellow and founder and chief scientist at Senzing
- Kevin O’Brien, chief business officer at Orbital Insight
- David Potere, CEO and co-founder, TellUs Labs
- Robbie Schingler, co-founder and chief strategy officer at Planet
- Dr. Walter Scott, founder of DigitalGlobe and CTO at Maxar
- Jackie Space, co-founder of BMNT
- Melanie Stricklan, CTO and co-founder of Slingshot Aerospace
- Alyssa Wright, business development and partnerships for FOAM
- Janine Yoong, vice president of business development at Mapillary
trajectoryXyzt sponsors and exhibitors will benefit from a gallery atmosphere that offers equal marketing access for all participating organizations, from large international firms to niche entrepreneurs. Founding sponsors Boundless, Radiant Solutions, and Spatial Networks will be joined by industry leaders such as Vricon, Orbital Insight, and many others in the exhibit gallery.
Masback summed up the significance of the two-day experience: “Though there are many events that look at one or two of these elements discretely, there’s no event anywhere that provides the larger, collective intellectual framework for the geospatial intelligence construct in the commercial arena. We want attendees to walk away with concrete ideas, new relationships, and innovative applications to dramatically improve their competitive position in their respective marketplaces.”
- More details as well as exhibitor and sponsorship information are available at trajectoryXyzt.com. Registration will open in the coming weeks.