Weekly GEOINT Community News

NGA Awards Enterprise Engineering Contract to Perspecta; Octo Wins NGA Agile Development Contract; Cubic Purchases Stake in Pixia; More  


NGA Awards Enterprise Engineering Contract to Perspecta 

The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) awarded Perspecta an indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contract to perform full life cycle systems engineering and integration work. The five-year contract has a maximum ceiling value of $824 million. Perspecta received the first task order on the contract, valued at $223 million, and began work at the end of July. 

Octo Wins NGA Agile Development Contract

Octo received a 2.5-year contract with NGA to provide the Intelligence Community with enhanced GEOINT capabilities. Octo will support modern agile product development with an open-source collection of geospatial big data tools, a geospatial data-packaging tool, and a vector tile streaming solution. The contract will also support NGA GEOINT Services efforts to build open-source geospatial capabilities for the National System for Geospatial Intelligence supporting military operations, intelligence analysis, disaster response, and commercial navigation.

Cubic Purchases Stake in Pixia 

Cubic acquired a 20 percent stake in Pixia for $50 million. The acquisition will expand Cubic’s mission solutions business portfolio. This transaction provides Cubic with the option to acquire the remaining 80 percent of Pixia by February. Pixia offers high-performance platforms designed to manage and process large amounts of imagery data, wide-area motion imagery, and geospatial data for U.S. intelligence agencies and other government clients. 

Dewberry to Collect LiDAR Data for USGS

The U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) selected Dewberry to plan, acquire, and process topo-bathymetric LiDAR for 788 square miles of Everglades National Park in Florida. The project is a cooperative effort between USGS and the U.S. National Park Service. Dewberry is deploying a recently developed LiDAR system consisting of a Riegl VQ880G topo-bathymetric LiDAR sensor for data collection. The system includes an optical camera used to collect aerial imagery. Advanced LiDAR classification and post-processing will be performed by Dewberry geospatial analysts.

Woolpert-Optimal GEO JV Awarded Army Support Services Contract

WMR-532, a joint venture between Woolpert and Optimal GEO, has received a $49.9M contract to provide the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) with operations, maintenance, and technical support services. USACE will assign performance locations and obligate funds per order. Contract work is expected to be complete by Aug. 18, 2024.

Peer Intel 

General Dynamics IT promoted Kristine Grinnell to Global Chief Information Officer and Chief Supply Chain Officer. She previously served as CIO and Vice President of Technology & Supply Chain. Grinnell will continue her role in overseeing Enterprise IT and Supply Chain, and additionally be in charge of GDIT’s Technology Shared Services.

Image Credit: Dewberry

Weekly GEOINT Community News

Orbital Sidekick Announces Upcoming Launch of Its Most Powerful Satellite, HERE announces mobile LiDAR data, Kitware Provides State-of-the-Art, Field-Deployable AI, and more.

Weekly GEOINT Community News

Accenture Federal Services to Acquire Novetta, Woolpert Collecting Imagery and Lidar, Providing Technical Support in Alaska for USAF GeoBase Program, and more.

Weekly GEOINT Community News

NGA accepts new geospatial tech companies applicants for cohort, BAE Systems awarded contract for GPS modules, Woolpert and Planet expand partnership, and more.