USGIF is for the second time seeking proposals for Lightning Talk presenters to share their innovative research and technology applications at the GEOINT Symposium. Lightning Talks take place in the Innovation Corner of the exhibit hall and are an opportunity to collaborate and educate colleagues on topics relevant to the GEOINT 2019 theme: “Human-Machine Teaming & Innovation Yield Mission Success.” GEOINT 2019 will take place June 2-5 in in San Antonio, Texas.
“USGIF launched the Innovation Corner at GEOINT 2018 in an effort to provide our community with additional opportunities to cross-pollinate innovative ideas and information in a less formal environment,” said USGIF Vice President of Academic Affairs Dr. Camelia Kantor. “The Lightning Talks format included presentations by government and industry leadership as well as highly engaging, peer-reviewed academic presentations on research, new technologies, and novel approaches to solving GEOINT problems. We were overwhelmed with the amount of interest the Innovation Corner received during its first year and plan to continue to engage our community in these types of meaningful interactions.”
Lightning Talks are seven minutes in length and must focus on GEOINT applications performed by scientists, academics, analysts, or other community professionals. The talks will take place from 2 to 4 p.m. June 3 and 4. USGIF Organizational Members, Individual Members, and Academic Partners/accredited school representatives are invited to submit Lightning Talk proposals.
Topics of interest may include but are not limited to:
• Artificial intelligence, machine learning, and deep learning
• Space 2.0: Opening new opportunities
• Fast data enabling real-time analytics
• Blockchain supporting GEOINT
• Non-traditional data collection and sources
• Next generation digital Earth
• Storytelling with data
• Real-time 3D visualization and animation
• Digital humanitarianism: social media and crisis mapping
• Emerging GEOINT areas
• Innovative solutions for education and workforce development
• GEOINT law & policy
- Click here to view onsite presentation guidelines and application instructions.
Headline Image: Eric Druker from Booz Allen Hamilton gives a Lightning Talk in the Innovation Corner of the exhibit hall at GEOINT 2018.